OUR VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. FRCN is founded on principles of human potential, life-long learning and social transformation.
2. We are committed to a strength-based approach to the development of human potential, guided by each individual’s developmental profile, interests, strengths and motivations.
3. With the goal of realizing a broad range of opportunities for every autistic person in schools, the community and the workplace, a priority of FRCN is to change negative societal perceptions of autism with the goal of insuring a broad range of opportunities so that the great potential.
4. FRCN is grounded in the basic tenet of neurodiversity – that each human mind is unique, and that every human being presents somewhere on the spectrum of neurodiversity.
5. We believe that a neurodiverse workforce drives innovation, profitability and shareholder value.
6. We believe that current education systems must adapt in order to adequately support unique thinkers.
7. We believe that the human connection to nature and animals is vital to positive health outcomes.
8. We believe in the thoughtful design of the physical environment, both indoors and out, enhances learning and productivity.
9. While we acknowledge the potentially serious impact attendant with some expressions of autism, we believe that neurodiversity presents a vast spectrum of unique human potential and abilities.
10. We believe that autistic people must be actively engaged in decision-making regarding programs and policies that directly impact their lives.
11. FRCN is committed to economic, social and environmental sustainability in all aspects of programming and in the physical setting in which activities and programs will be offered.
12. FRCN values quality of life and full access and engagement in society for all.